Monday, September 29, 2014

Pensacola Beach Brawl

WOD 1
8 minute running clock
4 minutes to find max hang snatch
4 minutes to find max clean
(185/275--missed 195 and 280)

WOD 2
10 Thrusters (135)
5 MU
10 Snatches
5 MU
10 OHS
5 MU
(5:45--failed OHS 4 times and wasted a lot of time there)

WOD 3
25 Wallballs
25 TTB
25 STO (135)
25 Deadlifts (205)
25 Burpee Box Jump Overs
(6:56--back was locked up, so I did 20 singles on the deadlift then finished with 5 TnG)

WOD 4
100 DU
20 Calorie Row
50m Sled Pull on Beach (95)
20 Calorie Assault Bike
(4:41--sled was what slowed me down. It got stuck twice)


I am very pleased with my finish. I got 13 out of 71. It is by far my best finish and performance. The biggest thing I learned this weekend is that I can, in fact, compete well with my back being bad. I just have to know where I will struggle and make up time elsewhere. Prime example was the 25's workout. I knew the Deadlifts would be a struggle for me because my back had been hurting all morning, so I came out really hot and got a huge lead. Nobody got to the same movement as me until I had 10 deadlifts under my belt--which were all singles, so I was impressed. I also got to see how much better I've gotten at my weaknesses. Although I didn't do well on the OHS, I still had a good finish on that workout (I believe it was 18th). Not to mention the snatches weren't exactly light for me. Can't wait for my next one! Thanks for coaching me so well, Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment